Download the Knapp Medical Center Trifold Brochure
Knapp Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Mid-Valley residents for five decades now.
Today, Knapp Medical Center is a 226-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital.
Our Service Area
- Our Primary Service Area includes Donna east to La Feria and Monte Alto south to the Rio Grande River or what is referred to as the Mid-Valley.
Our Medical Team
- More than 200 physicians, all independent professional practitioners, serve on the Knapp Medical Staff.
- Knapp employs a total of approximately 1,000 people, and is one of the Mid-Valley’s largest private employers.
- We also provide volunteer opportunities for more than 250 people.
- 24 Hour Emergency Department – Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center
- Adult Medicine
- Critical Care/ICU
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Neonatal Care
- Outpatient Center that provides over 400 services, including…
- All Digital Imaging
- Diabetes Education
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Hospice Care
- Nutrition Counseling
- Wellness Screenings
Knapp – A Recognized Leader
Throughout the years, Knapp has been recognized as one of the best healthcare facilities in the United States in the various areas we serve.
- 1998 Knapp Auxiliary won Texas Association of Hospital Auxiliaries Past President’s Award
- 2000 Texas Hospital Association Community Service Award
- 2000 American Society for Directors of Volunteers Services 2000 Extraordinary Program for Health Promotion
- 2005 Thompson Reuters Top 100 Hospitals Performance Improvement Leader
- 2009 One of 25 hospitals nationwide to be recognized by Hospital and Health Networks Most Wired as “Most Improved” in information technology
- 2012 Certified by The Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Training Center for American Heart Association’s Certification Programs: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Through January 2012 Fully Accredited as a Provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME) by the Texas Medical Association
Recipient of the 2011 HealthGrades® Maternity Care Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the
Top 5% in the Nation for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row (2008-2011)
- Only Hospital in Region* to receive the HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award™ in 2010/2011
- Five Star Rated for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row (2008-2011)
Recipient of the 2011 HealthGrades® Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the
Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement
- Five Star Rated for Joint Replacement (2011) and Total Knee Replacement for 3 years in a row (2009-2011)
*Region is the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX Census Bureau Statistical Area as defined by the federal government’s Office of Management and Budget