Download the Knapp Medical Center Trifold Brochure
Knapp Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Mid-Valley residents for five decades now.
Today, Knapp Medical Center is a 226-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital.
Our Service Area
- Our Primary Service Area includes Donna east to La Feria and Monte Alto south to the Rio Grande River or what is referred to as the Mid-Valley.
Our Medical Team
- More than 200 physicians, all independent professional practitioners, serve on the Knapp Medical Staff.
- Knapp employs a total of approximately 1,000 people, and is one of the Mid-Valley’s largest private employers.
- We also provide volunteer opportunities for more than 250 people.
- 24 Hour Emergency Department – Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center
- Adult Medicine
- Critical Care/ICU
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Neonatal Care
- Outpatient Center that provides over 400 services, including…
- All Digital Imaging
- Diabetes Education
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Hospice Care
- Nutrition Counseling
- Wellness Screenings
Knapp – A Recognized Leader
Throughout the years, Knapp has been recognized as one of the best healthcare facilities in the United States in the various areas we serve.
- 1998 Knapp Auxiliary won Texas Association of Hospital Auxiliaries Past President’s Award
2000Texas Hospital Association Community Service Award
2000American Society for Directors of Volunteers Services 2000 Extraordinary Program for Health Promotion
- 2005 Thompson Reuters Top 100 Hospitals Performance Improvement Leader
2009One of 25 hospitals nationwide to be recognized by Hospital and Health Networks Most Wired as “Most Improved” in information technology
- Training Center for American Heart Association’s Certification Programs: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Through January 2012 Fully Accredited as a Provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME) by the Texas Medical Association
Recipient of the 2011 HealthGrades® Maternity Care Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the
Top 5% in the Nation for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row (2008-2011)
- Only Hospital in Region* to receive the HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award™ in 2010/2011
- Five Star Rated for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row (2008-2011)
Recipient of the 2011 HealthGrades® Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the
Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement
- Five Star Rated for Joint Replacement (2011) and Total Knee Replacement for 3 years in a row (2009-2011)
*Region is the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX Census Bureau Statistical Area as defined by the federal government’s Office of Management and Budget