Serving the Mid-Valley since 1962, Knapp Medical Center provides patients with everything from the latest diagnostic services to advanced treatment technology.
Knapp Medical Center is a not-for-profit, acute care hospital located in Weslaco, Texas. With 226 private rooms, Knapp Medical Center provides residents of the Mid Valley area with high quality healthcare services.
Did You Know…
- Knapp Medical Center is the recipient of two 2011 HealthGrades® Excellence Awards™ for Maternity Care and Joint Replacement and is Five Star Rated in these areas.
- Knapp Medical Center is the only hospital in the region* to receive the HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award™ in 2010/2011.
- Knapp Medical Center ranked among the top 5% in the nation for Maternity Care 3 years in a row (2009-2011).
- Knapp Medical Center ranked among the top 10% in the nation for Joint Replacement (2011).
An Overview of Our Services
- 24 Hour Emergency Department
- Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center
- Minor Care Services
- Adult Medicine
- Critical Care/ICU
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Neonatal Care
- Outpatient Center that provides over 400 services, including…
- All Digital Imaging
- Diabetes Education
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Hospice Care
- Nutrition Counseling
- Wellness Screenings
Our Staff and Volunteers
- Knapp Medical Center has almost 200 physicians on the medical staff, all independent professional practitioners representing 40 different specialties.
- Knapp employs a skilled and caring staff of approximately 1,000.
- We have more than 250 volunteers, including Junior volunteers who donate their time during the summer.
Knapp Medical Center has all the medical services you and your family need. It’s your choice, so ask your doctor to send you to Knapp for all your healthcare needs.
*Region is the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX Census Bureau Statistical Area as defined by the federal government’s Office of Management and Budget