Knapp Medical Center is a not-for-profit, acute care hospital, and a member
of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity. Located
in South Texas we provide exceptional healthcare services to residents
of the Rio Grande Valley. Located in Weslaco, Knapp works hard to provide
state-of-the-art technology, progressive diagnostic and treatment options,
and patient-focused care.
Download the Knapp Medical Center Trifold Brochure
Knapp Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Mid-Valley
residents for five decades now.
Today, Knapp Medical Center is a 227-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital.
Our Service Area
- Our Primary Service Area includes Donna east to La Feria and Monte Alto
south to the Rio Grande River or what is referred to as the Mid-Valley.
Our Medical Team
- More than 200 physicians serve on the Knapp Medical Staff.
- Knapp employs more than 600 people and is one of the Mid-Valley’s
largest private employers.
- We also provide volunteer opportunities for more than 100 hard-working
- 24 Hour Emergency Department – Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center
- Adult Medicine
- Critical Care/ICU
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Neonatal Care Level II
Outpatient services, including…
- All Digital Imaging
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Nutrition Counseling
- Wellness Screenings
Knapp – A Recognized Leader
Throughout recent years, Knapp has been recognized as one of the best healthcare
facilities in the United States in the various areas we serve.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award
- Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Labor & Delivery Excellence Award
- Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Excellence Award
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care
- Recipient of Healthgrades General Surgery Excellence Award for 2 years in a row
- Certified by The Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 6 years in a row
Recipient of a
Maternity Care Excellence Award and Ranked among the
Top 5% in the Nation for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row
Five Star Rated for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row
Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the
Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement
Five Star Rated for Joint Replacement and Total Knee Replacement for 3 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 4 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pancreatits
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy
Training Center for American Heart Association’s Certification Programs: Basic Life
Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS).