Download the Knapp Medical Center Trifold Brochure
Knapp Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Mid-Valley
residents for five decades now.
Today, Knapp Medical Center is a 227-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital.
Our Service Area
- Our Primary Service Area includes Donna east to La Feria and Monte Alto
south to the Rio Grande River or what is referred to as the Mid-Valley.
Our Medical Team
- More than 250 physicians, all independent professional practitioners, serve
on the Knapp Medical Staff.
- Knapp employs more than 880 people and is one of the Mid-Valley’s
largest private employers.
- We also provide volunteer opportunities for more than 250 hard-working
- 24 Hour Emergency Department – Advanced (Level III) Trauma Center
- Adult Medicine
- Critical Care/ICU
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Women’s Health
- Neonatal Care
Outpatient Center that provides over 400 services, including…
- All Digital Imaging
- Diabetes Education
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Hospice Care
- Nutrition Counseling
- Wellness Screenings
Knapp – A Recognized Leader
Throughout the years, Knapp has been recognized as one of the best healthcare
facilities in the United States in the various areas we serve.
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award
- Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Labor & Delivery Excellence Award
- Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Excellence Award
2012 Certified by The Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center
Recipient of a
Maternity Care Excellence Award and Ranked among the
Top 5% in the Nation for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row (2008-2011)
Five Star Rated for Maternity Care for 4 years in a row (2008-2011)
Recipient ofJoint Replacement Excellence Award™ and Ranked among the
Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement
Five Star Rated for Joint Replacement (2011) and Total Knee Replacement for 3 years in a row (2009-2011)
2009 One of 25 hospitals nationwide to be recognized by Hospital and Health
Networks Most Wired as “Most Improved” in information technology
2005 Thompson Reuters Top 100 Hospitals Performance Improvement Leader
2000 Texas Hospital Association Community Service Award
2000 American Society for Directors of Volunteers Services 2000 Extraordinary
Program for Health Promotion
1998 Knapp Auxiliary won Texas Association of Hospital Auxiliaries Past President’s Award
Training Center for American Heart Association’s Certification Programs: Basic Life
Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS).
*Region is the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX Census Bureau Statistical Area
as defined by the federal government’s Office of Management and Budget