Emergency Department Billing
The bill for your visit to the Knapp Medical Center Emergency Department includes the following:
- Charges for using the ED
- Any applicable x-ray fees, laboratory fees, medical and surgical supplies and pharmacy items
- The hospital will bill you for the use of specialized equipment, supplies and technical personnel.
All the doctors involved with your care here in the ED also charge for their services. They are independent professional practitioners and not employees of Knapp Medical Center. So in addition to the bill you receive from the hospital, you may also receive separate bills from the following:
- ED doctor(s)
- Attending doctor
- Anesthesiologist (doctor who gives anesthesia)
- Medical doctor who specializes in the reading of EKG’s
- Pathologist (lab doctor)
- Radiologist (x-ray doctor)
- Assisting and/or Consulting doctor
- Your personal physician
- Health insurance may cover part or all of your charges.
- We will file claims with your insurance company, so make sure we have correct information.
- You will be billed for any amount not covered by your insurance.
- If you do not have insurance, Medicare or Medicaid, you will be asked to call or come by the Business Office as soon as possible to make arrangements for paying your bill.
- Please remember that doctors involved in your ER care will send you a separate bill for their services.