At Knapp Medical Center, we realize that a child’s hospital stay
is stressful for both the parent and child. That’s why our skilled
and caring professionals work hard to make your child’s stay as
comfortable as possible. We will work with your physician to provide exceptional,
At Knapp Medical Center, infants, children and teenagers receive comprehensive
care in a warm, kid-friendly environment.
We encourage one adult family member (the care-giver) to remain with their
child throughout their stay at Knapp Medical Center. This will help your
child cope with hospitalization better. The care-giver must be 18 years
of age or older and should stay in the room at meal times to help feed
the child. This is important because most children will not eat when fed
by the nurse.
- The care-giver will use a regular visitor pass during the day and may obtain
an overnight pass from the nurses’ station.
- A new overnight pass will be issued for each day of the week.
- All other visitors must follow the general visiting hours and obtain a
visitor pass from the Information Desk.
- Only the care-giver may spend the night with the child.
- Sibling Visitation may be granted from 7 – 8:30 p.m. (Please check
with charge nurse)